Thursday, July 22, 2010

What Happened to Peace, Love and Smile?

Yesterday was all smiles! What a difference a day makes.

Last night, she asked if she could take her shower this morning. Well, we've not done that before so I told her that it would have to be a short shower and that she had to promise to have a good attitude about it. She agreed and went to bed.

Well, let's just say the promise was forgotten around 6:30 am! She had a huge meltdown over getting out of the shower. She refused to get dressed so I had to dress her. I'll just say, after 10 minutes of kicking and screaming I was ready to send Missy Girl to daycare in a towel.

After a 5-minute time out, she regained her senses and got ready. As we were leaving, she asked if she could check on her plants. I said that she couldn't because we were running late and asked if she knew why we were running late. She said it was because she had a bad attitude.

I agreed with her and then asked, "What do you think my answer will be the next time you ask to take your shower in the morning?". She replied, "I'm guessing no." I'm just glad I was in the front seat so she couldn't see me laughing.

I was telling my mom about it and she said that she wanted to take Journey to Kelsey's volleyball scrimmage on Friday and that I should go out to dinner with a friend for some "me" time. I quickly said, well if you want her to spend the night I'm okay with that too.

She was fine with that so "ME" time here I come. Hey, don't judge me! LOL

Oh the joys of mommyhood! All you mom's are probably laughing and saying "Welcome to the Hood"!

Thanks again for your prayers....I sure do need them! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment